We offer a bespoke catering service for dinner parties, small wedding receptions and other occasions. We can provide anything from a simple finger buffet to fully-plated meal of three or more courses: we’ll also arrange linen, crockery, glassware and kitchen equipment hire, and supply waiting and serving staff. Please contact us for more information.
We’re a small but very capable company, catering for any occasion when you don’t want the stress of all the organising and cooking! We have a growing reputation for really special food, and a friendly, personal service that makes for a truly memorable event.
At Alexandra’s Kitchen, we mainly use seasonal ingredients where possible – many of them home-grown. We do all our own cooking, preferring not to buy in any ready-made dishes. We try and base all our menus, which range from simple finger buffets to fully plated meals of three or more courses, on organic, seasonal and locally produced ingredients when available, including many flowers, herbs and salads grown in our own gardens.
As well as preparing the food, we can also arrange linen, crockery, glassware and kitchen equipment hire, and supply waiting and serving staff for any event from a christening or wedding reception, to a dinner party in your own home.
- Bespoke or set menus suitable for every budget
- Finger buffets to 3 course meals or larger
- Seasonal, Home grown and Organic ingredients where possible
- All dishes prepared on the premises
- Personal service from initial instruction to the end of your function
- Linen, Crockery, Glassware and Kitchen equipment hire available
- Experienced waiting staff provided
- Special dietary requirements catered for
Some Sample Catering & Events Menus
- Mixed sandwiches, egg mayonnaise, ham with dijon mustard, cream cheese, chive & cucumber, cheese & tomato, prawn mayonnaise.
- Cherry tomato, mozzarella, basil & olive skewers
- Spinach, feta & pine nut samosas
- Choux buns filled with coronation chicken
- Slices of vegetarian pizza
- Homemade scotch egg quarters
- Chocolate brownies
- Cold poached side of salmon with prawns & lemon dressing
- Spicy chicken with yoghurt, mint & coriander
- Cherry tomato & creme fraiche tart with cheese pastry
- Cous cous with roasted vegetables, sun dried tomatoes & feta cheese
- French bean & toasted walnut salad with lemon dijon dressing
- Middle eastern fatoush salad with pita bread, cucumber, capsicums, tomatoes, red onion, garlic, mint, coriander & honey
- Lemon & almond cream roulade
- Baked dark chocolate & cherry tart with cream
A Selection of Canapes
- Spicy thai fishcakes with lime mayonnaise
- Nor`s malaysian chicken satay with peanut sauce
- Mushroom & crispy bacon choux buns
- Lime, coriander & chilli tiger prawn skewers
- Chicken & sesame goujons with avocado dip
- Artichoke & parmesan tortilla
- Aubergine, goats cheese & mint bruschetta
Plated Menu 1
- A selection of canapes served with reception drinks followed by;
- Blue cheese, leek & toasted walnut tart with dressed salad leaves
- Fresh bread rolls & butter
- Herb crusted rack of South down lamb with redcurrant gravy
- Buttered new potatoes
- Asparagus with mint hollandaise
- Peas with lettuce & spring onions
- Trio of puddings; Chocolate mousse cup, strawberry shortcake & raspberry sorbet
- English & French cheeses with biscuits & grapes
- Fresh coffee & homemade almond praline chocolates
Plated Menu 2
- Smoked salmon, smoked trout & prawn parcels with leaf salad and baskets of bakery bread
- Chicken breast stuffed with mozzarella & pesto with a creamy sun dried tomato sauce
- New potatoes with butter, sea salt & black pepper
- Seasonal vegetables
- Vanilla pavlova with summer fruits & cream
- Fresh coffee
Past Events Gallery
I just wanted to drop you a line following Ella’s tea party on Saturday afternoon.
The girls and myself had a wonderful time – your staff were amazing they could not have done more and nothing was too much trouble. It made the afternoon even more enjoyable.
We will definitely be returning.
Thank you again to your amazing staff and you.
I can’t thank you, and your team, enough for masterminding the most exquisite meal for our Annual Shoot Dinner. Your waitresses were particularly brilliant and served and cleared without any fuss.
When I returned this morning it was looking immaculate and all the empties gone!
It was a GREAT evening!
Thanks to you all.
Alex ~ I would like to say a huge “thank you” to you and the girls for the wonderful day you gave us yesterday. The food was delicious, as I knew it would be, and you were certainly right when you said you were sending “two lovely girls” they were fantastic.
Thank you for all the suggestions, help and support along the way.
Alexandra cooked a lunch for us for 40 people. The food was utterly delicious and unusual, her staff were excellent and Alexandra ran the whole event with calm competence. I can recommend her extremely highly!
Thank you all so much for making our wedding celebrations complete, we didn’t just have good food we got very lucky through Alexandra’s Kitchen and had a truly amazing food and service.
Becky and I particularly wanted to compliment you on the food – we had so much praise from everyone on the quality, choice and quantity on offer.
Dear Alex, Just a note to say thank you again so much for the tremendous amount of effort and care you made in providing us with such incredible catering for our wedding.
Dear Alexandra, We were completely overwhelmed by the exquisite meal you prepared for Bob’s 70th Birthday Dinner in January. The food and service were beyond reproach and resulted in a meal to remember for all concerned.
First just let me say that you and your team were absolutely fantastic. Everything you did was perfect. The comments on the pies were 100% excellent.