These days, you can get hold of the ingredients, recipes and gadgets you need to cook whatever you desire. What many of us often simply can’t find is the time. That’s where our range of Alexandra’s Kitchen prepared dishes comes in.
They’re ready meals in that all you have to do is pop them in the oven or microwave. But our food is a world away from anything you’d find in the supermarket. Every dish is individually hand-prepared from scratch by our kitchen team, using the same recipes and home-grown and local ingredients as our Tea Barn menus. All our ready meals come frozen, with full cooking instructions.
The list below is a sample: while most are available year-round, our commitment to using fresh, seasonal ingredients means things may change from time to time. To find out what’s in the freezer right now, please contact us – and if you’ve got suggestions for meals you’d like to see here, we’d love to hear from you.
Where to buy our ready meals
You can buy our ready meals at The Tea Barn, and at the following farm shops and other local retailers:
- Southbourne Farm Shop
- Applegarth Farm Shop
- Lodsworth Larder
- Westlea Farm Shop
- Durleighmarsh Farm Shop
- Milland Stores
- Compton Village Shop & Cafe
- Charlies Farm Shop, Bury
- Lurgashall Village shop
- Beef & Beer casserole
- Beouf Bourguignon
- Cauliflower cheese (V)
- Chicken, Bacon, & Mushroom in a Tarragon & Lemon Cream Sauce
- Chicken, Leek & Mushroom Pie
- Chicken, Leek & Stilton Gratin
- Chilli con carne
- Cod Fillet in Parsley sauce
- Coq au Vin
- Cottage pie
- Creamy Leek Croustade (V)
- Fish pie
- Game Pie (seasonal)
- Haddock, Spinach & Prawn gratin
- Italian Hunters Style chicken
- Lamb Lasagne
- Lamb Moussaka
- Macaroni cheese (V)
- Pork fillet in a mustard cream sauce with apples
- Pork loin with cider & apples & a crème fraîche sauce
- Puy lentil, aubergine & red pepper Moussaka (V)
- Salmon Fillet in a creamy Watercress sauce
- Salmon, Prawn & Caper gratin
- Shepherd’s pie
- Spinach, Pine nut & Feta Cheese lasagne (V)
- Steak & Kidney Pie
- Yellow Coconut Chicken – cooked with lime leaves, lemon grass & tamarind – mild
- Malaysian Chicken Curry – medium hot
- Ayam Masak Mereh – red chicken curry – medium hot
- Thai Green Chicken Curry – medium hot
- Malaysian Vegetable Curry – medium hot
- Beef Rendang – a very highly spiced curry but not very chilli hot
- Malaysian Beef Curry – medium hot
- Prices start from £4.40
- Bacon & Mushroom
- Brie & Bacon
- Leek & Parmesan (v)
- Leek, Pea, Feta & Mint (v)
- Quiche Lorraine
- Roasted Red Pepper & Brie (v)
- Smoked Trout & Watercress
- Smoked Salmon & Watercress
- Spinach, Feta cheese & Pine nuts (v)
- Spinach, Cream Cheese & Sun-dried Tomatoes (v)
- Stilton & Broccoli (v)
- Sussex Crab & Parmesan
- Three Cheeses (v)
- Prices start from £5.50
- Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper
- Broccoli & Stilton
- Carrot & Coriander
- Leek & Potato
- Pea & Mint
- Beetroot & Ginger
- Spicy Butternut Squash
- Prices start from £3.50
I just wanted to drop you a line following Ella’s tea party on Saturday afternoon.
The girls and myself had a wonderful time – your staff were amazing they could not have done more and nothing was too much trouble. It made the afternoon even more enjoyable.
We will definitely be returning.
Thank you again to your amazing staff and you.
I can’t thank you, and your team, enough for masterminding the most exquisite meal for our Annual Shoot Dinner. Your waitresses were particularly brilliant and served and cleared without any fuss.
When I returned this morning it was looking immaculate and all the empties gone!
It was a GREAT evening!
Thanks to you all.
Alex ~ I would like to say a huge “thank you” to you and the girls for the wonderful day you gave us yesterday. The food was delicious, as I knew it would be, and you were certainly right when you said you were sending “two lovely girls” they were fantastic.
Thank you for all the suggestions, help and support along the way.
Alexandra cooked a lunch for us for 40 people. The food was utterly delicious and unusual, her staff were excellent and Alexandra ran the whole event with calm competence. I can recommend her extremely highly!
Thank you all so much for making our wedding celebrations complete, we didn’t just have good food we got very lucky through Alexandra’s Kitchen and had a truly amazing food and service.
Becky and I particularly wanted to compliment you on the food – we had so much praise from everyone on the quality, choice and quantity on offer.
Dear Alex, Just a note to say thank you again so much for the tremendous amount of effort and care you made in providing us with such incredible catering for our wedding.
Dear Alexandra, We were completely overwhelmed by the exquisite meal you prepared for Bob’s 70th Birthday Dinner in January. The food and service were beyond reproach and resulted in a meal to remember for all concerned.
First just let me say that you and your team were absolutely fantastic. Everything you did was perfect. The comments on the pies were 100% excellent.