These days, you can get hold of the ingredients, recipes and gadgets you need to cook whatever you desire. What many of us often simply can’t find is the time. That’s where our range of Alexandra’s Kitchen prepared dishes comes in.
They’re ready meals in that all you have to do is pop them in the oven. But our food is a world away from anything you’d find in the supermarket. Every dish is individually hand-prepared from scratch by our kitchen team, using the same recipes and home-grown and local ingredients as our Tea Barn menus. All our ready meals come frozen, with full cooking instructions.
As well as the traditional and familiar (including vegetarian specialities), you can explore more adventurous territory with our authentic Malaysian dishes, created and cooked up by Mat Nor himself.
The list below is a sample: while most are available year-round, our commitment to using fresh, seasonal ingredients means things may change from time to time. To find out what’s in the freezer right now, please contact us – and if you’ve got suggestions for meals you’d like to see here, we’d love to hear from you.
Where to buy our ready meals
You can buy our ready meals at The Tea Barn, and at the following farm shops and other local retailers:
- Southbourne Farm Shop
- Applegarth Farm Shop
- Cowdray Farm Shop
- Lodsworth Larder
- Westlea Farm Shop; nr Arlesford
- Durleighmarsh Farm Shop
- West Meon Village Shop
- Milland Stores
- Sussex Farm Foods; nr Bury
- Happy Cow shop in Petersfield
- Compton Village Shop & Cafe – Compton, West Sussex
- Charlies Farm Shop, Southview Farm, Bury, Pulborough RH20 1NP (01798 303989)
- Lurgashall Village shop, Lurgashall , West Sussex (07796 162304)
- Beef, Beer & Mushroom casserole
- Beouf Bourguignon
- Cauliflower cheese (V)
- Chicken & Mushroom Lasagne
- Chicken, Bacon, & Mushroom in a Tarragon & Lemon Cream Sauce
- Chicken, Leek & Mushroom Pie
- Chicken, Leek & Stilton Gratin
- Chicken, Sun Dried Tomato & Pesto lasagne
- Chilli con carne
- Cod Fillet in Parsley sauce
- Coq au Vin
- Cottage pie
- Creamy Leek Croustade (V)
- Fish pie
- Game Pie (seasonal)
- Haddock, Spinach & Prawn gratin
- Italian Hunters Style chicken
- Lamb lasagne
- Lamb Moussaka
- Macaroni cheese (V)
- Pheasant with Chestnuts, Orange, Wine & Prunes (seasonal)
- Plaice fillets with Mushroom stuffing in a cheese sauce
- Pork fillet in a mustard cream sauce with apples
- Pork loin with cider & apples & a crème fraîche sauce
- Puy lentil, aubergine & red pepper Moussaka (V)
- Salmon Fillet in a creamy Watercress sauce
- Salmon, Prawn & Caper gratin
- Shepherd’s pie
- Spicy Harrisa Lamb casserole
- Spinach, Pine nut & Feta Cheese lasagne (V)
- Steak & Kidney Pie
- Venison, red wine & juniper casserole (seasonal)
- Prices start from £4.40
- Asparagus – seasonal
- Asparagus & Feta – seasonal
- Asparagus & Smoked Salmon – seasonal
- Bacon & Mushroom
- Bacon, Mushroom & Roquefort cheese
- Bacon, Stilton & Watercress
- Brie, Broccoli, & Sun Blush Tomato
- Brie, Spring onion & Bacon
- Cheddar Cheese, Tomato & Basil
- Courgette & Bacon
- Courgette & Bacon & Brie
- Courgette & Parmesan
- Fresh Salmon, Creamed Cheese & Dill
- Ham & Mushroom
- Leek & Parmesan
- Leek, Ham & Stilton
- Leek, Pea, Feta & Mint
- Mediterranean Vegetable & Parmesan
- Mixed Sweet Peppers & Brie
- Mushroom, Watercress & Roquefort
- Prawn & Watercress
- Quiche Lorraine
- Roasted Red Pepper & Goats Cheese
- Salmon & Broccoli
- Smoked Haddock, Spinach & Sun Dried Tomato
- Smoked Salmon & Prawn
- Smoked Salmon, Cream Cheese & Chive
- Smoked Trout & Watercress
- Spinach, Bacon & Cheddar
- Spinach, Feta cheese & Pine nuts
- Stilton & Broccoli
- Sussex Crab & Parmesan
- Three Cheeses
- Tuna & Sweet corn
- Watercress, Goats cheese & Bacon
- Watercress, Goats cheese & Mushroom
- Prices start from £5.10
- Malaysian Lamb Curry – medium hot
- Yellow Coconut Chicken – cooked with lime leaves, lemon grass & tamarind – mild
- Malaysian Chicken Curry – medium hot
- Ayam Masak Mereh – red chicken curry – medium hot
- Thai Green Chicken Curry – medium hot
- Malaysian Vegetable Curry – medium hot
- Beef Rendang – a very highly spiced curry but not very chilli hot
- Malaysian Beef Curry – medium hot
- Prices start from £5.40
I just wanted to drop you a line following Ella’s tea party on Saturday afternoon.
The girls and myself had a wonderful time – your staff were amazing they could not have done more and nothing was too much trouble. It made the afternoon even more enjoyable.
We will definitely be returning.
Thank you again to your amazing staff and you.
I can’t thank you, and your team, enough for masterminding the most exquisite meal for our Annual Shoot Dinner. Your waitresses were particularly brilliant and served and cleared without any fuss.
When I returned this morning it was looking immaculate and all the empties gone!
It was a GREAT evening!
Thanks to you all.
Alex ~ I would like to say a huge “thank you” to you and the girls for the wonderful day you gave us yesterday. The food was delicious, as I knew it would be, and you were certainly right when you said you were sending “two lovely girls” they were fantastic.
Thank you for all the suggestions, help and support along the way.
Alexandra cooked a lunch for us for 40 people. The food was utterly delicious and unusual, her staff were excellent and Alexandra ran the whole event with calm competence. I can recommend her extremely highly!
Thank you all so much for making our wedding celebrations complete, we didn’t just have good food we got very lucky through Alexandra’s Kitchen and had a truly amazing food and service.
Becky and I particularly wanted to compliment you on the food – we had so much praise from everyone on the quality, choice and quantity on offer.
Dear Alex, Just a note to say thank you again so much for the tremendous amount of effort and care you made in providing us with such incredible catering for our wedding.
Dear Alexandra, We were completely overwhelmed by the exquisite meal you prepared for Bob’s 70th Birthday Dinner in January. The food and service were beyond reproach and resulted in a meal to remember for all concerned.
First just let me say that you and your team were absolutely fantastic. Everything you did was perfect. The comments on the pies were 100% excellent.